Pre-Christmas Laughter Yoga class Saturday, Dec.17th 1:30 at Zen Zero in Courtenay., BC.
Open to beginners, intermediate, and advanced laughers of adult ages, both men and women. If you need a laugh, want to laugh, are looking for more laughter, feel like sharing laughs, or just need a pick-me-up, this is the class for you. Starts at 1:30 sharp, ends 2:30.
Alan Pattinson’s “One-Minute Overview” of Laughter Yoga:
- Laughter Yoga is an unique concept that we can laugh for no reason, and still receive great health benefits, without the need for jokes, comedy or even a sense of humour.
- Laughter Yoga was started in 1995 by a medical doctor, Dr. Kataria, in Mumbai, India, with just 5 people in a park. It has since grown to thousands of clubs in over 60 countries around the world.
- We get into a circle and with eye contact and playful movements, “simulated” laughter can quickly turn into “real” laughter when done with willingness.
- The BIG SECRET is that the body can not tell the difference between “simulated” laughter and “real” laughter. The movement of the diaphragm up and down sends endorphins to the brain and fresh oxygen to the body.
- We use the term “yoga” because we use conscious yoga breathing.
To receive the benefits of Laughter, you have to do it! Come to the next session to experience real great belly laughs. It’s a natural stress reliever AND mood enhancer! Bring a friend or two. the laughing session is over in one hour, but you can continue to laugh out the door and into the world. Spread the peace and joy throughout the world. Happy Holidays!
Please sign up for updates, or leave your comments about this post below. Have a laughing day!
Certified Laughter Yoga Leader
ho ho, ha ha ha.